Friday, January 27, 2006

Feeling the NC hills even though I'm not there

I want to start with my favorite. I came across Blue Ridge Blog, a photoblog by Watauga County photorapher Marie Freeman. She has some beautiful shots of scenes around Valle Crucis.

I like this one because it made me feel good. I love the NC mountains and love to get into them when opportunity knocks. You can feel the souls move through those hills. Some are happy and some are troubled. Spiritually you may encounter a Cherokee hunting the land, a forlorn chap who has lost his true love in some traumatic fashion, runaway slaves or someone who settled in and planted the seed of many mountain generations to come. I also learned there's a Hanging Rock near Valle Crucis. Take a look and enjoy trip to those beautifully haunted hills.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home