Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Hey, hey, ho, ho, George Bush has got to go

I wonder if they chanted this in downtown Greensboro last night? It sounds like it was more than clever use of the f-word in public as Greensboro Police arrested 7 people at an anti-Bush rally. Some of the protestors apparently wanted to do more than vent verbally, or at least may have wanted to leave that impression:

About 9:45 p.m., police said, Detective E.L. Cuthbertson, who was "monitoring the demonstration," was pushed by protestors and struck in the chest and elbow. One of the people arrested had a collapsible police-style baton and another had a lock blade knife. Neither of the weapons was used in the scuffle.

I see that one of those arrested has my old Mendenhall St. address. I don't know if any plots to overthrow Ronald Reagan were ever hatched while there, though my memory could have failed. Can you help me out Sam?

2 Comments:

Blogger sam's notes said...

Perhaps. I'm trying to figure out hw that guy lives in what is now a single family home. Perhaps he is a respectable citizen....

2/02/2006  
Blogger Glenn said...

I'd admire him for being that young and being able to afford that house now. It is a bit puzzling.

2/02/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home