Thursday, February 09, 2006

I'd almost forgotten it was winter

Really, I hadn't, but I'll admit today's weather caught me off guard. I awoke hearing the Rock 92 morning crew talking about driving to work in the snow. I got out of bed and looked out back. There it was, even more than I'd anticipated. I guess I'm still southern enough to consider this morning's dusting a snowstorm. It did set the tone for what felt to me like the first day of real winter we've had since mid-December. I didn't dress warmly enough for a night-time walk with the dog. Standing on the porch talking to my neighbor it didn't feel too cold, but as soon as I stepped onto the sidewalk I knew my fleece and ankle-hugging socks weren't going to be enough to insulate anything. That made the walk short, but I appreciated breathing in the cold, semi-humid air. Even though I've missed that this year, I had no problem getting used to the spring of January '06. If the long range forecast holds up, the chill will last for a few more days, but by this time next week we'll be back to early spring.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Brent said...

Winter sucks. Where is all this global warming they keep talking about? Pardon me while I go outside and empty an aerosol can. I like to do my part.

2/09/2006  
Blogger Glenn said...

I'll take a winter like this year's anytime. Empty a can for me.

2/10/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home