Monday, February 13, 2006

Logjam or Logtown

Somebody who should know told me today that the News and Record misnamed a recent drug bust operation in Rockingham County. I posted yesterday on an article revealing that a murder victim in Reidsville last week was the top suspect in a Rockingham County sweep of drug dealers. The News and Record identified the sweep as "Operation Logjam." I asked about it today and was told it was in fact called Operation Logtown, but that is not officially official. Logtown is an area outside Eden just inside the Virginia line long known as an entry point for illegal drugs into Rockingham County. In fact, US News and World Report featured the notorious locale on its pages about ten years ago. Today they'll let you read the lead, but you'll have to pay to read the rest. I thought about buying it, but they won't allow me to transmit it electronically. Here's what I can link to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home