Thursday, May 04, 2006

Breakfast of champions

Found the best quart of strawberries of the season yesterday. I bought them off a truck on 220 at Lake Brandt. I'm not 100 percent sure, but I believe Nelson's out of Kernersville was selling them. I'll give them a plug anyway. This batch has the classic strawberry flavor and are dripping with juice. They helped set my day right this morning. I sliced up several over a bowl of Honey Bunches of Oats. I don't know how many berries I used, but the milk turned pink. The world seemed right all day long. I hope the strawberries hold out until the early NC blueberries and peaches start coming in. A great trifecta, especially on a bowl of butter pecan ice cream. I'm anticipating the local watermelon too, but I'm willing to wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home