Friday, July 07, 2006

Joe Biden: he-he-he-he

Let me start by saying that I don't think Joe Biden is an anti-Indian bigot, but I won't feel sorry for him catching hell for his crack about having to speak with an Indian accent if he steps into a 7-11 or Dunkin Doughnuts in Delaware. I'll also not lament the fact that the mainstream media will cover his behind instead of annointing him as the poster child of the moment for low-brow American bigotry. I don't think what he said was bigoted, but more likely a case of poor judgment.

I don't mind watching him catch hell because I've seen enough of his act in Senate hearings. Whenever he's questioning someone he plays for the cameras. During the Samuel Alito hearings, it took him about 20 minutes of posturing before he got around to asking a question. A couple years ago I watched him during a hearing harangue John Ashcroft about torture.

In a body with plenty of sanctimonious pricks, Biden often stands the most erect of all. Buck up and weather the storm Joe.

BTW:Biden explains himself here.

1 Comments:

Blogger jimcaserta said...

His defense is even weaker than his original statement - my take.

7/12/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home