Thursday, August 31, 2006

Glenn Ford RIP

While visiting with a buddy at his house yesterday evening, I saw a tape of a Glenn Ford movie sitting on top of his microwave. I pointed it out and mentioned that Ford was still alive. Little did I know. I heard Ford mentioned on the radio about a week ago and it surprised me that he was still alive. It's not like I didn't remember him though. My dad liked Ford's TV series "Cade County." It came on late Sunday night, so I couldn't stay up to watch. I remember Glenn Ford though. Maybe it's the name. Over the years I enjoyed his characters. A great actor who stuck around for a 90-year ride. I like this quote from a website dedicated to his career:

Never give up. Take what life throws at you and throw it right back. If life keeps throwing then you have a tennis match going. Learn to like tennis.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home